My parents wont let me get an Airsoft Gun! Help!
(ft lauderdale, fl)
"How do I convince my parents to let me get an Airsoft Rifle for Christmas or my Birthday, as they are close. I am 15 years old. Thank you" –
Response From Airsoft Gun Dome:
This is always a difficult one I’m afraid. Firstly you can focus on the safety aspect.
Airsoft guns are specifically designed to be fired at people safely – providing proper eye protection is worn then you can’t do any great harm with one.
Show them that you’re responsible enough to have one by demonstrating that you understand (and will follow) the basic safety principles:
- Always wear eye protection (and face protection if you like your teeth to stay where they are!)
- Always treat the gun as if it’s loaded.
- Never point an airsoft gun at a person unless you intend to shoot them (and they’re wearing proper protection).
- Always unload your gun after a session of playing before returning to any safe area. Fire your gun without a mag to ensure that there’s no BBs left in the hop unit.
- Always store your gun unloaded and without any batteries or gas.
- Only ever play on private property (with the appropriate permission) and out of sight of the general public.
If you apply those principles then you won’t get hurt, hurt anyone else or wind up in trouble! If that’s not enough for them, offer to only use the gun under their supervision until they’re happy that you’re responsible enough to use it properly!